Are you up to date on the Whooping Cough Vaccine?
- Yes! I’m up to date on TDap and Flu.
- Your baby’s comfort and safety is my #1 priority!
What is the best age to photograph my new baby?
- I prefer to photograph newborns between 5-14 days of age. Day 5-10 would be best …when they are still in that super sleepy, squishy, curly stage. It’s also best to do the session before the baby acne sets in. This is not to say we can’t photograph your baby a bit older, but the ultimate time is during the first week.
Do you have a studio?
- Yes! I have a studio in Belmont CA
- Studio vs. In-Home Sessions – In order to achieve the consistent image results you see on my website and in my portfolio, newborn and baby sessions are held at my Belmont CA studio.
Do you have all the props?
Yes! I have everything you see on my website and loads more. My studio has a huge, collection of high end, hand made headbands, bonnets, outfits, rompers and wraps to name a few. I am constantly updating and purchasing new goodies, only the very best for your child. Your baby’s session will be fully styled based on your color preferences. All you have to do is bring me the baby!
Do you take walk-ins?
- Unfortunately, no. All of our sessions are by appointment only and generally scheduled weeks in advance.
How far in advance should I book?
- It’s never too early to book! Newborn sessions should be booked during your pregnancy, the earlier the better as I am usually booked months out.
What if my baby comes early or after my due date?
- By booking for your due date, (paying the deposit) your new baby has priority on my schedule. That means if the baby comes early or late your baby is guaranteed a spot on my calendar. My newborn sessions are limited per month to accommodate the various arrival dates.
- You simply contact me when your baby arrives and we’ll schedule the actual session by email.
My baby is already here! Can I still do a newborn session?
- Occasionally, I do have last minute availability.
How long does a newborn session take?
- Full newborn sessions takes about 3 hours, this includes wiggle room if we need extra feeding and soothing breaks. I firmly believe anything over 3 hours is just too long, too long for baby and too long for exhausted parents. Newborn sessions should never need to last 4-5 hours! I’ll help you prepare your little one so we can get the very best of baby for the session.
How do I prepare for my newborn session?
- Once you’re booked and on my schedule you’ll get a link emailed to you that will give you tips and information on how to prepare for a smooth newborn session.
Newborn sessions – Can parents and siblings be in the pictures too?
- Depending on the package you purchase, we can do a few parent shots. However, newborn sessions are very specific to your newborn and will be the main focus of the session.
- Again, newborn sessions are very specific to your day’s old child, so they don’t include solo shots of siblings but depending on the age and overall cooperativeness I’m happy to attempt a sibling shot and of course a family shot.
Can we include grandparets in a few pictures?
•Sorry grandparents pictures are Not included.
Do you do in-home sessions?
- In order to achieve the consistent image results you see on my website and in my portfolio, newborn and baby sessions are held in my studio.
- In-home sessions can take twice as long, adding to already tired parents exhaustion. Not to mention moving furniture to accommodate our sets, finding the proper lighting and most importantly maintaining the proper temperature to keep your child comfortable and safe while he/she is unclothed. PROPS – Our studio is a fully equipped, professional baby portrait studio. I have everything you and your child needs for their first photo shoot. We boast a huge collection of high-end props, only the very best hand made items for your precious new baby. As the session progresses if we need to adjust or pull new props, everything we need is at our fingertips.
How long do I have to wait to view and receive my digital images, prints, and products?
- Low resolution unedited gallery is sent next day.
- Your final full resolution edited gallery will be ready within 2 weeks.
Can I keep RAW files?
•Raw files are not included in the package.